Quantity Surveyor needed in Stockholm, Sweden
An exciting position is now open for an experienced Quantity Surveyor for a big railway project in Stockholm. This is a full-time position with an immediate start. Experience or education within this field is essential.
The role is for a major contract working on improving public transport in Stockholm. Your job will be to estimate and control the costs for the project, make sure that the structure meets the legal requirements and the quality standards.
Some of your work tasks are as follows:
- Coordinate with subcontractors, receive interim payment applications (IPA) from subcontractors, check progress quantity in IPA in line with design documentation and negotiates / agrees quantities with subcontractor.
- Calculate wastage amount for materials supplied to Subcontractor, deduct it from IPA if it is more than allowable limits.
- Collect signatures from project team on IPA and registers it in ERP program.
- Receive invoices from subcontractors, issues interim payment certificate (IPC) based on approved IPA and collects signatures from project team. Sends IPC to finance department for payment.
- Prepare monthly subcontractor progress reports.
- Prepare quantity take-offs (BOQ) for budget updates in coordination with technical department.
- Checks stock materials and assign right activity codes (cost codes) before production.
Salary is 40,000 - 50,000 sek monthly.
We need someone who is flexible, open, and understanding of different cultures. If you are ambitious, proactive, have a positive can-do approach, responsible and communicative, you are who we are looking for!
If you feel like you have the relevant experience for this role, please send an email to m.amirell@ ewi-group.com.
EWI Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
EWI is an international consultancy formed of specialist technical consultants who recruit and advise in the fields of infrastructure and natural resources. Each division and consultant within ewi is focussed exclusively on their specialist remit. Similarly our network has been developed and nurtured, providing access to industry specific professionals across each vertical market. We posses unrivalled market and international project knowledge to support our clients sustainable success.
Our specialist rail team are devoted to the provision of technical expertise to leaders within the market. Within this sector we work in the fields of construction, consultancy, and engineering. In short the railway team at ewi are able to help our clients deliver railway projects from concept to turnkey and onto the operational and maintenance. Our networks span feasibility, design, site supervision, commissioning & testing and handover to service all aspects of the project lifecycle.
The ewi rail team are proud to have worked on some of the of the worlds most prestigious rail projects including but not limited to; the Qatar Doha Metro, Saudi Arabia Haramain High Speed Rail, China Beijing High Speed, Malaysia Klang Valley Metro, Denmark Copenhagen Metro, India Kolkata Metro as well as many more of the worlds leading rail projects. The ewi rail team have experience working on metro projects, light rail, underground and freight rail projects.