ewi the global leaders in infrastructure recruitment are currently seeking a quality assistant (concrete or rock) for a drill and blast rail project in Sweden. The position is an urgent requirement with an immediate start.
The ideal candidate will have experience in concrete, but also the ability to work with rock.
- Check on site that the work is performed in accordance with the Quality Control Plan, contractual requirements, design provisions, and operational procedures
- Coordinates the execution of the tests, controls and inspections to be performed on site
- Ensures proper handling and calibration of control, measuring and testing equipment
Scope and characteristics of work:
- Assuring that every job task is performed along the right procedures - filling up activity reports
- Testing the materials applied in tunnel and station work thanks to internal tools or sending it to external labs (i.e. jetgrouting, poured concrete, shotcrete …)
- Filling the material data log test with the data coming from the internal/external lab
- Following the weekly meeting of production assuring the right answer to the problems arisen from it.
- Writing new procedures/test forms, according the needs expressed from the Quality manager
- Reviewing old procedures /test forms, according the needs expressed from the Quality manager
- Follow-up a general variety of meeting with the supplier to assure the supply quality
- Reporting non-conformity to procedures, which are happening in the building-site
- English and Swedish speaking
- 3+years experience in infrastructure / construction / concrete or rock work
- Technical degree e.g: rock engineering or mining
- First hand experience in concrete
- Experience of working with quality in production
Please contact n.thomas @ ewirecruitment. com / + 4684 4687 226 and send an up to date copy of your CV along with contact details, your salary requirements and your notice period.
ewi is an international consultancy focused on the search & selection of the Worlds leading engineering and construction professionals. We specialise in recruiting expats and local experts for major infrastructure and build projects across the globe.
EWI Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
EWI is an international consultancy formed of specialist technical consultants who recruit and advise in the fields of infrastructure and natural resources. Each division and consultant within ewi is focussed exclusively on their specialist remit. Similarly our network has been developed and nurtured, providing access to industry specific professionals across each vertical market. We posses unrivalled market and international project knowledge to support our clients sustainable success.
Our specialist rail team are devoted to the provision of technical expertise to leaders within the market. Within this sector we work in the fields of construction, consultancy, and engineering. In short the railway team at ewi are able to help our clients deliver railway projects from concept to turnkey and onto the operational and maintenance. Our networks span feasibility, design, site supervision, commissioning & testing and handover to service all aspects of the project lifecycle.
The ewi rail team are proud to have worked on some of the of the worlds most prestigious rail projects including but not limited to; the Qatar Doha Metro, Saudi Arabia Haramain High Speed Rail, China Beijing High Speed, Malaysia Klang Valley Metro, Denmark Copenhagen Metro, India Kolkata Metro as well as many more of the worlds leading rail projects. The ewi rail team have experience working on metro projects, light rail, underground and freight rail projects.