Mechanical or Electrical Site Engineer -€" Saudi Arabia
My client is a worldwide leader in citizen services, specialised in environment, water and infrastructure works. They require a Mechanical & Electrical engineer (2 Positions) for their large rail project in Saudi Arabia.
7 to 10 years post graduate experience with at least 2-4 years in a similar position in the UAE/GCC.
- To provide site engineering and technical skills and expertise for the construction process.
- To ensure that all relevant technical information is available to the construction team at a zero defect level.
- To target and assist in the delivery of engineering excellence in safety at assigned site
- To deliver a product as per Client's requirements and with a determination to uphold our zero Defect's Policy.
- To eliminate waste in all forms including labor, materials, plant and staff, especially targeting the prevention of rework and to get it right first time.
- To gain knowledge and experience and earn a reputation for innovative engineering expertise and excellence
- To create a healthy working environment with all construction disciplines to assist in the project delivery on time and within budget.
- Advise the commercial team of any technical or engineering changes that could warrant a variation or cost change.
- Liaise with supervision, management, surveying, planning, safety, quality and commercial teams and provide them with information as required.
- Read and understand construction and other drawings, specifications and other technical information, and advise others of the same.
- To raise technical queries where information conflict exists or is missing, and act on responses.
- Provide engineering and technical guidance to operatives, supervision and management.
- Help create a site culture of best practice regarding safety, house keeping, workmanship and waste management. Adopt and enforce a don't walk policy so all safety and quality issues are dealt with immediately.
- Assist supervisors and managers to allocate correct resource to activities and to review and report on the same.
- Understand the construction programme and assist in the drive to comply or improve on the same. Provide all necessary information in a timely manner.
- Support the survey team and provide assistance as necessary.
- Provide assistance, guidance, support and supervision to less experienced engineers.
- Produce or assist in producing Method Statements, Inspection and Test Plans, and Risk Assessments and to ensure compliance of the same.
Education: Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from reputed University
Other requirements and competences:
- Spreadsheets and planning tools.
- Technically competent.
- Possess good communication and leadership skills.
- Coordination Skills.
- Report writing Skills.
- Team player.
- Budgetary awareness and control.
- Logical and well organised with ability to priorities.
- Positive response to pressure.
- Ability to motivate.
- Be adept at improvisation techniques on site.
Languages and levels: English, at least C1.
Location: Saudi Arabia
Salary: 5500-6500K USD per month + Flights, Accommodation, Insurance
If you would like to be considered please send an up to date CV and references to email@example.com
ewi is an international consultancy focused on the search & selection of the Worlds leading engineering and construction professionals.
We specialise in recruiting expats and local experts for major infrastructure and build projects across the globe.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
EWI is an international consultancy formed of specialist technical consultants who recruit and advise in the fields of infrastructure and natural resources. Each division and consultant within ewi is focussed exclusively on their specialist remit. Similarly our network has been developed and nurtured, providing access to industry specific professionals across each vertical market. We posses unrivalled market and international project knowledge to support our clients sustainable success.
Our specialist rail team are devoted to the provision of technical expertise to leaders within the market. Within this sector we work in the fields of construction, consultancy, and engineering. In short the railway team at ewi are able to help our clients deliver railway projects from concept to turnkey and onto the operational and maintenance. Our networks span feasibility, design, site supervision, commissioning & testing and handover to service all aspects of the project lifecycle.
The ewi rail team are proud to have worked on some of the of the worlds most prestigious rail projects including but not limited to; the Qatar Doha Metro, Saudi Arabia Haramain High Speed Rail, China Beijing High Speed, Malaysia Klang Valley Metro, Denmark Copenhagen Metro, India Kolkata Metro as well as many more of the worlds leading rail projects. The ewi rail team have experience working on metro projects, light rail, underground and freight rail projects.