Contracts Manager - Norway, Oslo
My client, a leading European main contractor operating across the globe and , is currently recruiting for a Contracts Manager to assist with the management of contracts and claims team. This position is an urgent requirement and ideally, the successful candidate will be able to start at short notice.
- Commercial management and strategy for major civil project in excess of $500m .
- Liaison with project controls, finance, legal, construction, engineering departments both within the Project structure, and home offices of joint venture partners.
- Responsible for commercial and claim reporting, claim preparation, change management, reviewing and drafting client correspondence, internal and client reporting.
- Provide commercial, contractual and claims advice to Project Directors, and project teams
- Leadership, functional management and mentoring/training of commercial team members
- Oversight of legal, claims, contract administration, and change management personnel and third-party consultants
- Ensure compliance with contract obligations, including current health and safety regulations
- Claim preparation, defence and strategy.
- Implementation and managing of commercial policies and procedures across projects.
- Identification and management of commercial risk
- Overseeing, managing, directing and supporting the project commercial teams to ensure optimisation of project returns.
Experience / Qualification
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience with major contractors in roles dealing with management of project change procedures, cost management, claims and variations, negotiation and settlement of disputes with owners.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- MRICS/MCIOB/MCIArb professional qualifications desirable
If this role is of interest please email an up to date copy of your CV including project experience. Please send any references from employers as well as, your current and expected salary and package. ewi is an international consultancy focused on the search & selection of the Worlds leading engineering and construction professionals. We specialise in recruiting expats for major infrastructure and build projects across the globe.
Please contact email@example.com and send an up to date copy of your CV. Please also include your Availability, Salary & Package Expectations and current situation.
EWI Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
EWI is an international consultancy formed of specialist technical consultants who recruit and advise in the fields of infrastructure and natural resources. Each division and consultant within ewi is focussed exclusively on their specialist remit. Similarly our network has been developed and nurtured, providing access to industry specific professionals across each vertical market. We posses unrivalled market and international project knowledge to support our clients sustainable success.
Our specialist rail team are devoted to the provision of technical expertise to leaders within the market. Within this sector we work in the fields of construction, consultancy, and engineering. In short the railway team at ewi are able to help our clients deliver railway projects from concept to turnkey and onto the operational and maintenance. Our networks span feasibility, design, site supervision, commissioning & testing and handover to service all aspects of the project lifecycle.
The ewi rail team are proud to have worked on some of the of the worlds most prestigious rail projects including but not limited to; the Qatar Doha Metro, Saudi Arabia Haramain High Speed Rail, China Beijing High Speed, Malaysia Klang Valley Metro, Denmark Copenhagen Metro, India Kolkata Metro as well as many more of the worlds leading rail projects. The ewi rail team have experience working on metro projects, light rail, underground and freight rail projects.