The leading infrastructure recruitment specialist are seeking a Senior Budget and Cost Control Engineer to join a leading Consulting Engineer
Joining the Commercial Engineering team is an excellent opportunity to join a team that is widely recognised as market leaders in the rail and metro field. The client ewi recruitment are working with act as a market leader with many award winning iconic projects. This is a senior position recruiting directly into the Project Director.
Job Role / Responsibilities
- Monitor the project financial performance against budget and disbursements
- Ensure that proper procedures for budget and cost control are in place
- Revise quantity takeoff sheets (constructed quantities on site) submitted by the contractor
- Revise and approve contractor's monthly/Interim payment certificate, Invoice and Payment
- Review of contractor's Variation Orders against to the contract BOQ
- Compare between planned costs versus actual costs and identify variance
- Identify trend and analyse the project cost status
- Lead budget meeting with the client and the corresponding lenders representatives
- Prepare project cost control reports including expenditures to-date, performance to-date, and commitment to-date and making recommendations as to forecasted cost projection while meeting critical deadlines
The role will be based in Cairo, Egypt, giving a good standard of life with world class golf courses and nightlife.
The salary package consists of 8,000 - 10,000 EUR per calendar month 'net', accommodation and local transport.
For this role the client that ewi recruitment are working with have a minimum requirement of;
A minimum of 15 years overall experience.
A minimum of 10 years Rail and Metro experience
Bachelors degree in Engineering
Key Words / SEO
RAIL METRO COMMERCIAL BUDGET COST CONTROL ENGINEER
ewi is an international consultancy focused on the search & selection of the Worlds leading engineering and construction professionals. We specialise in recruiting expats and local experts for major infrastructure and build projects across the globe.
For more information on any international rail assignments please contact r.sumner(at)ewi-group.com
EWI Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
EWI is an international consultancy formed of specialist technical consultants who recruit and advise in the fields of infrastructure and natural resources. Each division and consultant within ewi is focussed exclusively on their specialist remit. Similarly our network has been developed and nurtured, providing access to industry specific professionals across each vertical market. We posses unrivalled market and international project knowledge to support our clients sustainable success.
Our specialist rail team are devoted to the provision of technical expertise to leaders within the market. Within this sector we work in the fields of construction, consultancy, and engineering. In short the railway team at ewi are able to help our clients deliver railway projects from concept to turnkey and onto the operational and maintenance. Our networks span feasibility, design, site supervision, commissioning & testing and handover to service all aspects of the project lifecycle.
The ewi rail team are proud to have worked on some of the of the worlds most prestigious rail projects including but not limited to; the Qatar Doha Metro, Saudi Arabia Haramain High Speed Rail, China Beijing High Speed, Malaysia Klang Valley Metro, Denmark Copenhagen Metro, India Kolkata Metro as well as many more of the worlds leading rail projects. The ewi rail team have experience working on metro projects, light rail, underground and freight rail projects.