About the Business
Our client is a major engineering, construction, building and maintenance contractor operating in over 20 locations throughout Australia, Asia, New Zealand, the Pacific Islands and the Middle East. Their vision is to build better communities through safe, smart and efficient infrastructure.
Working at the forefront of the industry, they provide their people with a stimulating environment that challenges them to think laterally and excel beyond even their own expectations.
About the position:
Responsible for Organising, monitoring and coordinating the engineering and technical operations of the package which is delivering road, bridge and tunnel projects within Melbournes affluent areas.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Implementing and monitoring engineering strategies, policies and plans
- Interpreting plans, drawings and specifications, and providing advice and assistance on the engineering methods and procedures to achieve construction and production requirements
- Monitoring conformity with specifications and plans, and with laws, regulations and safety standards
- Monitoring engineering standards of quality, cost, safety, timeliness and performance are observed
- Reviewing and challenging design, construction and maintenance requirements to optimise efficiency
- Assisting with and monitor the cost planning / value engineering processes to ensure conformity with the procedure
- Reviewing constructability with Design Team and implement efficiencies and value for money in design
- Implementing appropriate systems required to meet the Digital Transformation Strategy for Digital Design, Digital Fabrication, Digital Construction and Digital Delivery and Asset Management
- Assisting with delivery of digital outcomes across work packages including implementing appropriate digital review procedures to validate and review deliverables at all project stages.
- Coordinating digital engineering requirements including co-ordination of federated 3D model, GIS coordination, with construction leads
- Implementinginnovations and continual improvement across engineering functions including design and construction synergies and applications
- Coordinating temporary works engineering management ensuring fit for purpose and issued for construction as per program
- Schedule integration with construction and design deliverables including compliance with MTM Works Readiness and Gates Procedures
- Coordinating the RFI Process
- Co-ordinating the Design Change Management Process
- Assisting with monitoring and implementation of the Design Transformation Plan
What you need to succeed:
- Tertiary engineering qualification
- 1-3 Years engineering experience in the construction industry with a demonstrated success in managing design consultants to time and cost targets, engineering standards and contract requirements
- Communication / Interface - Ability to interact between the Design and Construction teams, build and maintain relationships and drive efficiency
- Demonstrated ability to lead, organise and motivate others
- Demonstrated team ethos, strong work ethic and relationship building skills.
- Sound working knowledge of HS&E requirements and implementation of same, and a strong commitment to the safety promise of "Home Without Harm"
- Be passionate about certain values of safety & care, honesty & integrity, customer focus, teamwork and performance excellence
- Be a permanent resident of Australia
What we offer:
In return you will be rewarded with an excellent remuneration package and the benefits of working in an environment focused on career progression, development and training. The nature of our business is one of public success, our projects are award winning and famous within our industry of expertise. Their reputation for creativity and delivering technically challenging projects comes from having some of the best minds in the industry working to further our professional standing and the quality of their projects. Their success for excellence comes from the talent and passion of their people.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experienceProject Engineer, Infrastructure, Roads, Tunnels
SPENCER OGDEN: THE AWARD-WINNING GLOBAL ENERGY, ENGINEERING AND INFRASTRUCTURE RECRUITMENT SPECIALISTS.
Spencer Ogden stands for the best in specialist, professional, proactive recruitment, working with skilled Energy, Infrastructure and Engineering professionals across the globe.
UNRIVALLED SERVICE IN EVERY SECTOR
Spencer Ogden represents clients and candidates at mid to senior levels which operate globally within:
• Oil & Gas
• Built Environment
Our client base includes major operators, utility providers, manufacturers, developers, research institutes, consultancies and international government bodies.