KEY PURPOSEThe purpose of this position is to provide assistance in all planning, scheduling, monitoring, control and reporting tasks associated with the Route 2020 Project.
BASED ON THE SPECIFIC REQUIREMENT OF THE ROLE
Key accountabilities Key Tasks
• To plan and prepare Baseline Programme in order to follow, update, monitor and report the progress on the Baseline Programme• To understand the Scope of work, define Task, provide logical linkages and lags, resource loading for developing the Programme• Create measurable tool and key milestones to assign and compare progress• Preparation and monitoring of ‘S’ curve against timescale for Planned v/s Actual Status• Preparation of Look Ahead Schedule• Coordination with Client, Engineer, Expolink Contractor related to programme interface, constraints and dependency• Meetings, workshop and presentation to support programme and resolve issues with pre-defined action list• Prepare time line analysis and report critical issues• Prepare and assist for monthly, weekly and daily report (Internal + External)• Understand the relationships between each discipline and their working within the Dubai Metro and Route 2020 Project and support them with programme capabilities• Perform and carry out any other duties as instructed/directed by the Senior Project Planner and Project Manager
HSQE Responsibilities and Information Security Responsibilities
• Awareness of the Integrated Management System and the content of the Environment, Quality, Health & Safety and Information Security Policy Statements• Understanding of personal responsibilities and contribution to achieving compliance with the Integrated Management System requirements, (including but not limited to competence to perform safety critical roles, legal requirements, control measures arisen from environmental impacts and aspects, job safety analysis and information security risk assessment) and the potential consequences of departure from the arrangements in place to deliver the commitments stated in the policies statements above• To exercise their personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by the acts or omissions• Promote a good HSQE and Information Security culture among their peers, subcontractors and third parties• Lead by example and look at ways to conserve energy, water and resources and minimise the generation of waste through personal performance and raise recommendations on how to improve existing processes on this regard within/ outside their departments through their Line Manager, Departmental Safety Meetings and any other appropriate available channels• Protect information assets and data including both electronic and paper based from all threats whether internal, external, deliberate or accidental• Promote a good HSQE and Information Security culture among their peers, subcontractors and third parties
Essential technical and professional skills , knowledge and qualifications
• Ideally a degree holder or higher diploma in engineering
• Individual’s ability to perform in demanding and time constraints deadlines• Multi-Tasking and delivery of priorities• Good orator, literacy and report writing skills• Ready to work on-shore as well as off-shore Projects and in different locations• Ensure strict confidentiality in handling highly sensitive, confidential and non-routine information• Excellent communication and man management• Attitude, temperament, personality display professional characteristics
• Must have minimum 3-5 years’ experience in Planning related to Project Management• Having formal project management qualification is an added advantage• Should possess thorough knowledge of Primavera (both P3 and P6) and a continuous working experience of more than One (1) year on this software and excellent operating skills in Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, Power point, Visio, Access
Additional/special features of the role
• Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards• Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information; reference Serco non-disclosure policy• To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions; reference SMS GSOP-HSE1-6 Serco organisational HSE responsibilities• Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements at all times whilst in employment• Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management or the speak up process
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.