DB Engineering & Consulting offers technically sophisticated and customized infrastructure, mobility and transport solutions. With our sustainable concepts, gained from our experience in project work for decades, we ensure the future success of economic regions, make important contributions to the protection of the environment and help shape the world of the future.
For our Al Haramain Highspeed Railway Project in Saudi Arabia, Western region, we are seeking a Project Director / Railway Systems Manager (m/f). The position involves the following tasks:
- Leading and managing the project situated in Saudi Arabia, Germany and Spain according to the contract, consisting of the following subprojects: Design Review; Site Supervision; Project Management; and Rolling Stock, closely supported by the subproject project managers.
- Leading, monitoring and supervising the line managers
- Leading and managing all rail related works and systems implementations
- Leading and organizing relevant meetings with the client, contractor and our JV partner as well as internal meetings
- Coordinating project targets with partners and contractor
- Verifying the internal and external reporting line (preparation of reviews, reports, financial figures etc.)
- Periodically reporting to the company’s Regional Director
- Presenting the project status as well as recommendations for mitigations to the client, up to the Ministry of Transport
- Leading audits for QA / QC procedures
- Controlling quality and ensuring targets are achieved and deliverables meet the expectations
- Ensuring the commercial targets of the company (accountable for the budget)
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experience
- University degree (B.Sc. or M.Sc.) in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering or in related subjects
- At least 15 years' professional experience in construction and Testing & Commissioning of Telecom, Signalling or other relevant railway systems
- International working experience required, expertise in high speed projects will be an asset
- Ability to manage and work in a highly intercultural environment
- Excellent English skills
- Relevant IT-Skills
- International driving license is compulsory
- Willingness to re-locate to Saudi-Arabia for at least two years
DB Engineering & Consulting offers technically sophisticated and customized infrastructure, mobility and transport solutions.
Deutsche Bahn's expertise is in high demand. DB Engineering & Consulting offers it all, from the idea to operations. For you, that means excellent advice, planning and implementation of infrastructure projects in Germany and around the globe.
Our specialists and generalists in all engineering disciplines develop and realize solutions that meet your needs and bring markets and people together – whether in Germany or in Australia, South Africa, the United Arab Emirates, China or Brazil.