ï¿½ Manage project schedule development, monitoring progress status and reporting to support Project Controls Director in ensuring in time completion of client project.
ï¿½ Ensure timely and accurate management of schedule control activities
ï¿½ Assist Project Control Director to set up Project Management Plans, with stage wise schedules, milestones, deliverables and timelines as per schedule management plan.
ï¿½ Conduct regular project site inspections, to assess project progress, as and when required.
- Coordinate with all project parties to collate project status reports.
- Oversee and manage statistical analysis to identify schedule variances of project status against schedule baseline using EVMs and calculate Schedule Performance Index (SPI)
- Ensure that forecasts are modified which result from significant deviations from scheduled baselines.
- Monitor project schedule and implement risk management approaches as decided by Director Project Control and client.
- Analyze trends from past project reports and proactively deploy tools to prevent failures with the help of updated lesson learned documentation.
- Ensure appropriate usage and application of the Project Management System (PMS) with respect to entry and analysis of work related data for day to day functioning to facilitate seamless communication of all relevant (technical/non-technical) information across the organization on a real time basis for maximum effectiveness.
ï¿½ Coordinate with various project parties to ensure smooth and timely progress of project control
- Interface with consultants, project team members and client for issues related to planning and scheduling activities.
- Coordinate with Director Project Control for resolution of project control issues.
- Coordinate with contracts department on issues and strategies related to variations and disputed claims.
- Synergize with the project commissioning team to ensure that all projects are meticulously commissioned to deliver world class standards of quality to the companyï¿½s clients
ï¿½ Manage client relationships for project plan and progress aspects
- Attend meetings with client for all aspects of project progress.
- Advise clients on schedule variances and potential project risks and suggest and get approvals on remedial actions.
- Interface with client to respond to queries on project plan and control aspects.
- Meet client as requested to obtain feedback on the companyï¿½s project schedule control methodologies and incorporate the same for improvements.
ï¿½ Ensure timely reporting, management and archiving of project progress
- Calculate and analyze Schedule Performance Index (SPI) and To-complete Performance Index (TCPI)
- Prepare project progress reports.
- Prepare and analyze schedule variance reports and coordinate with Director Project Control for appropriate corrective and preventive action.
- Supervise and assist in the preparation of the project progress reports for client as required.
- Prepare other reports as advised by Director Project Control.
- Appropriately archive all project progress data as per the companyï¿½s policy.
ï¿½ Keep abreast of industry trends and best practices and apply the same for continuous improvements at the company
- Establish professional relationships with peer professionals in the industry.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends, methodologies, tools and best practices in project planning and control.
- Adapt and adopt good practices for continuous improvement.
ï¿½ Bachelorâ€™s degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent engineering degree
ï¿½ Project Management Certification (PMP or PSP) preferred
ï¿½ Minimum 15 years of experience in Planning of Construction Projects
ï¿½ Shall have minimum 5 yearsâ€™ experience on large Infrastructure Project
ï¿½ Proficiency in planning software Primavera P6 or later versions
ï¿½ Well versed with MS Office Packages ( Excel, PowerPoint)
ï¿½ Excellent communication and reporting skills
ï¿½ Ability to initiate performance measurement criteria/tools in planning
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
EWI is an international consultancy formed of specialist technical consultants who recruit and advise in the fields of infrastructure and natural resources. Each division and consultant within ewi is focussed exclusively on their specialist remit. Similarly our network has been developed and nurtured, providing access to industry specific professionals across each vertical market. We posses unrivalled market and international project knowledge to support our clients sustainable success.
Our specialist rail team are devoted to the provision of technical expertise to leaders within the market. Within this sector we work in the fields of construction, consultancy, and engineering. In short the railway team at ewi are able to help our clients deliver railway projects from concept to turnkey and onto the operational and maintenance. Our networks span feasibility, design, site supervision, commissioning & testing and handover to service all aspects of the project lifecycle.
The ewi rail team are proud to have worked on some of the of the worlds most prestigious rail projects including but not limited to; the Qatar Doha Metro, Saudi Arabia Haramain High Speed Rail, China Beijing High Speed, Malaysia Klang Valley Metro, Denmark Copenhagen Metro, India Kolkata Metro as well as many more of the worlds leading rail projects. The ewi rail team have experience working on metro projects, light rail, underground and freight rail projects.