Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) Project Manager - France
A leading International consultancy firm are requiring an experience Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) project manager to join their head office in Paris.
The role shall be to provide consultancy services for the strategic framework for implementation of ITS (ERTMS, ITS, RIS, VTMIS etc.) and IT systems for various scheme around the world, duties shall include:
- Identify user needs and specific objectives on national level for all transport modes
- Assess the ITS (ERTMS, ITS, RIS, VTMIS, e-freight etc.) and IT (tracking and tracing, interfaces modes, border authorities etc.) system needs, requirements and priority ITS services.
- Develop regional ITS vision and key strategic directions to ensure harmonized regional ITS development
- Assess the EU standards and specifications and propose equal standards and technical specifications relevant for ITS implementation
- Legal approximation of regional ITS legislative acts and further recommendation what still needs to be achieved to be in line with the EU acquis This includes draft proposal of legislative acts which would need to be adopted by RPs.
- Undertake cost and benefit calculation of the introduction of ITS (ERTMS, ITS, RIS, VTMIS etc.) and IT systems in WB, which includes rough cost and benefit estimates for infrastructure, operational and institutional establishment
- Carry out impact assessment of the introduction of ITS (ERTMS, ITS, RIS, VTMIS etc.) and IT systems;
- Develop the regional strategic framework together with road maps and deployment plans for each Regional Participant per each transport mode in line with the national strategies.
- Guidance and assistance to the regional participants in preparation of national ITS strategies (e.g capacity building for the preparation of national strategies)
Requirements for the role are:
- University or advanced degree in transport engineering, transport economics and institutional/legal matters and ICT or other relevant field for the Transport
- Fluent in French
- Theoretical knowledge and practical experience in Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS, ERTMS, VTMIS, RIS etc)
- Theoretical knowledge and practical experience in transport economics
- Theoretical knowledge and practical experience in infrastructure issues, transport market research, EU IT legislation
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience for senior expert
- Proven track record of successful projects (no stopped projects by the beneficiaries in the last 5 years).
- Analytically skills and ability to conceptualise and write concisely and clearly
- Experience in working with indicators and statistical data, preparing reporting tables and charts, market research, etc.
- Communication and presentation skills and ability to work in an environment requiring liaison and collaboration with multiple actors including government representatives, businesses, operators, trade unions, civil society institutions, donors and other stakeholders.
The package on offer shall be upto €80,000 per annum with an additional bonus depending on personal and company performance.
Should you have the necessary experience and are interested in this opportunity please send your cv in word format to o.jones(at)ewi-group.com
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
EWI is an international consultancy formed of specialist technical consultants who recruit and advise in the fields of infrastructure and natural resources. Each division and consultant within ewi is focussed exclusively on their specialist remit. Similarly our network has been developed and nurtured, providing access to industry specific professionals across each vertical market. We posses unrivalled market and international project knowledge to support our clients sustainable success.
Our specialist rail team are devoted to the provision of technical expertise to leaders within the market. Within this sector we work in the fields of construction, consultancy, and engineering. In short the railway team at ewi are able to help our clients deliver railway projects from concept to turnkey and onto the operational and maintenance. Our networks span feasibility, design, site supervision, commissioning & testing and handover to service all aspects of the project lifecycle.
The ewi rail team are proud to have worked on some of the of the worlds most prestigious rail projects including but not limited to; the Qatar Doha Metro, Saudi Arabia Haramain High Speed Rail, China Beijing High Speed, Malaysia Klang Valley Metro, Denmark Copenhagen Metro, India Kolkata Metro as well as many more of the worlds leading rail projects. The ewi rail team have experience working on metro projects, light rail, underground and freight rail projects.