The SYSTRA Scott Lister Group provides comprehensive consultancy services to a variety of industry verticals including; Defence, Rail and Transport sectors. As part of SYSTRA's global footprint, we are constantly helping clients deliver complex engineering projects that require our consulting services & subject matter expertise. We have multiple office locations throughout Australia and provide our workforce with ongoing personal career growth, learning and development.
Due to business growth, we are seeking an experienced Principal - Naval Systems. Reporting to the GM of Technology Services, the successful individual will be part of a functional multi-disciplined consulting team. The role will play a part in providing high level expertise to SYSTRA Scott Lister clients across the Defence sector.
- Perform the role of a Principal Naval Systems Consultant, delivering sound consulting support to SYSTRA Scott Lister clients.
- Work closely with the General Manager to develop the Naval Systems business unit through the targeting and development of strategic business relationships.
- Grow the business through the identification and management of new & existing client relationships, agreed partners, sub contractors and an internal team.
- Develop and evolve relevant service offerings and responses to request for tenders across the Naval Systems discipline.
- Define commercial business objectives with the General Manager and work towards achieving objectives to commercial outcomes.
- Support the identification of key talent within the Naval Systems domain to ensure the expansion of a dedicated consulting team.
Required qualifications & experience:
- Have a tertiary qualification in Engineering with 12+ years commercial exposure in either Defence or a related consulting environment.
- Applied technical knowledge of Naval platforms & systems which may include; combat mission systems, communication systems (TADL, SATCOMM), weapons electrical or surveillance & electronic warfare systems.
- NV1 Security Clearance as a minimum and an internal/external network across Defence.
- An evident commercial mindset that is able to identify commercial opportunities and consult with external/internal stakeholders to deliver positive outcomes.
- The ability to evolve a business unit within a larger corporate business and aspiration to grow a team of subject matter experts.
At Systra Scott Lister, we believe that a diversity of ideas, perspectives and experiences create a productive and successful work environment. As such, we value diversity of thought and experience and encourage applications from diverse community groups.
Interested? Please click on the apply details below. Please note that Systra Scott Lister does not accept unsolicited resumes from external agencies, we do however appreciate your interest.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experience
Naval Platform and Systems, Combat mission sstems, Communication sytems, Weapons electrical, Surveillance systems, Electronic Warefare sytems